This course is designed for you if:
- 1. You are currently (or recently in the last 6 months) working in traffic control (stop/slow and/or implementer)
- 2. You hold the relevant card (unexpired or recently expired) that allows you to work in traffic control (stop/slow and/or or implementer) AND
- 3. You have more than 3 months left on your card(s) and you are willing to complete the assessments, collect any required evidence (may be from the past) and arrange for assessment in that time.
- 4. You have average to above average reading, writing, speaking and understanding skills AND
- 5. You understand that if you do not meet evidence requirements that some assessment and/or training will be required. AND
- 6. You have read, understood and accepted all of the course information, terms and conditions
If your card has recently expired (in the last 3 months) but you have plenty of experience then please contact us before applying.
Step 1 - Apply for Recertification
If you believe you meet the requirements above, you will be required to undertake a Training Needs Analysis on application
Step 2 - - Receive your confirmation email.
If you are commencing the process online – You will receive a link to an online portal where you commence the process.
If you will be attending a workshop – you will get confirmation of date and time
Step 3 - Complete theory assessments and submit workplace evidence. If you attend the training centre for recertification then you will complete your theory assessment and receive your evidence pack
Evidence may be from your recent past (12 months) or this may be collected once you have accessed the templates and assessments in the portal or during the workshop. You have 60 days to upload your evidence and complete the assessment (can be done immediately depending on your current situation, skills and knowledge)
Step 4 – Final Assessment
For the Traffic Controller component: You will have to attend a real worksite arranged by us on an agreed date. Assessment takes between 3 – 6 hours and are available from Monday – Friday. Waiting times apply for assessment.
For the Implement Traffic Control Plans component: You will have to source your own workplace where you can apply your skills and knowledge. You will then have to gather evidence from your workplace*. Once you have gathered the required evidence you will have to undertake Final Assessment at a worksite arranged by us. Assessment takes between 3 – 6 hours and are available from Monday – Friday. Waiting times apply for assessment.
- a) Application Successful (AS) - You will receive your Statement of Attainment (SOA) and we will lodge your application for a photo card
- b) Further Evidence Required (FER) - your assessor will detail what further evidence you will need to successfully attain your Statement of Attainment (SOA)
- c) Further Assessment Required (FAR) your assessor will detail what further assessment may be required to successfully attain your SOA
- d) Further Training Required (FTR) - Your trainer will detail what training; followed by assessment will be required in order to attain your
SOA's are required to get your Roads and Maritime photo card
Need further information - simply contact us on (02) 4954 4101. Please also refer to full course information on our website & the Terms and Conditions on the website.
Just Careers Training, Trading as Licences 4 Work has a fair and transparent complaints and appeals process. You can find this in your student handbook, on our website, in course information or by contacting our office.